Thursday 27 December 2007

Christmas Lights


I like Christmas decorations... It's what sets Christmas apart from any other time of year. My mum uses lots of decorations that have been added to over the years, some of which i can never remember us being without. Others purchased only that year and added to the cacophony of illuminations and singing paraphernalia. Strangely it's always been centered on the insides of the house, and never the outsides as in this picture above, I think that these houses can look lovely, although sometimes they can go a little over the top especially with lawn based ornaments. Please just leave it to hanging lights and perhaps the odd character/sign on the side of a house... remember we're not competing with Vegas or Blackpool here people.

One quick observation is that very few people ever decorate beyond the living room and dining rooms. Me and Nomi had our own Nintendo themed tree (Which will hopefully make the Official Nintendo Magazine), but aside from that the other rooms of the house remained undecorated. I wonder why people very rarely decorate bedrooms?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like a few Chav lights to let me know Christmas is on its way sometime in the next 3 months. I don't mind tasteful lights outside the house; I like the icicle style twinklies and the blue ones, it's the blow up... "things" and ones which wave and go "ho ho ho" and any lights shaped like anything, especially if they are multi-coloured... they are the ones which make me smile in a "why do people do that?" type way. However, I'm not really grumbling it gives me a laugh if nothing else, the only times I worry a little is when I (and I am sure others) are so drawn to staring gobsmacked at a house that I take my eye off the road.

xxx