Monday 17 December 2007

Physics Engines

I'm a hardware junkie... and I like to keep up with the latest PC hardware so I can play the latest games as they were intended. Now physics have always been a bugbear in games, taking the realism away from a otherwise visual masterpiece, but physics calculations can be extremely taxing on a PC's resources so Ageia came up with a physics card... hurrah I hear you say... but sadly not many are hearing the call, as the card has not been adopted by many publishing houses yet, sadly even the beautifully crafted Crysis doesn't use this latest technology... so looks like I'll be holding out for a bit longer before buying one.

This is a excellent example of what can be done with the physics inside Crysis, you'd just need a monster of a PC to run it:


No comments: