Monday 17 December 2007

Dried yet Juicy?

As part of my new drive to eat healthy I'm trying to eat as much fruit as I can... Which sounds simple, were it not for the fact that I am allergic to most fruit acids (unless cooked)... So I've been trying out dried fruits. And i have to say i love them... Raisins, cranberry's and even pineapple. But what perplexes me is the definition of "dried"... Surely dried would imply no moisture or rather juice... Yet the pineapple in my lunch today states it is "juicy dried pineapple"... Not that it's not nice... But where is the line drawn... And how can something be both juicy and dried... They're mutually exclusive? A case me marketing mumbo jumbo me thinks? I'll best get back to eating them before they cease being juicy and truly become dry :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I notice the disclaimer "May help maintain a healthy digestive system"... it'd take a lot to help us! Mango is my favourite dried fruit, it's like mango jerky! You are supposed to rehydrate it but I never bother it's too yummy. The is the raisin v sultana battle though of course, which do you prefer?

xxx

Roamingjay said...

Mmm mango jerky! You'll have to let me try some of that :-)

Hmm raisins definately when on their own... but sultanas when in bombay mix

Anonymous said...

It's addictive and expensive but bloody lovely! I'll try and find some for you.

I'm a sultana all the way girl myself, they just don't taste as strong and harsly sweet as raisins, you know what I am like with sweet things. Th tortoise loves raisins though, and so does Allan's friend the blackbird (thinking of which I've not seen him for a while...)so you are in good (ish) company!

xxx