Wednesday 12 December 2007

Hitman

I should really learn to write these reviews earlier, because now I've seen it and the anticipation is over I have to say Hitman was somewhat forgettable. Which is a shame as the franchise itself is one that I'd been looking forward to seeing converted to the big screen. This is not to say I hated the film, far from it I enjoyed it. But ultimately it left an unsatisfied feeling of what might have been. The only real negative point I can say is that the film added an element of humanity to Agent 47, which is totally at odds to the game. But in the same token, it's not a game but a film, so it needed a little more than just to assassinate people as a storyline. On the plus side though Timothy Olyphants acting I felt captured the cool calm and collected nature of Agent 47. Not a bad adaptation, but defiantly not the care it deserved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you wrote your reviews before the anticipation was over you would be writing them before you had seen the film! I agree about Hitman, it was forgettable in a harmless, enjoyable way. I like the games (aside from Contracts but that goes without saying)and the film was lacking that zza zza zzu which makes the games so popular. The lead was fantastic though and the girl was cute so it wasn't a total disaster!

xxx