Saturday 22 December 2007

The Fog (AKA $1 Sex Train Gig)

The lead singer and the bassist from Pauls band Cursed as Angels have a side project called $1 Sex Train. Now I actually liked their sound, however it wasn't exactly in keeping with the gig.

The biggest issue I had was with the copious use of a smoke machine and strobe:



Seriously this is the view you got from 10 feet away, somewhere up their I'm assured the band was playing:



Can just about make out the band here... after they were told to turn the smoke machine off.



Cursed as Angels were the second act, and pulled off a good one considering that 2 of them had pretty fierce colds. Pauls hat was a source of much amusement doesn't show up in the photo, but it says "Bah Humbug"... was hilarious how it bobbled back and forward to the moshing:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

$1 Sex Train were... odd. I actually quite liked what they were doing, but it was the completely wrong place for it. If the gig had been at a dance club I would probably have got my boogie on (or whatever the kids are saying these days).

Cursed as Angels were great as ever, made even better by Paul's bobble on his hat. I must make him take a bobble hat to Bloodstock and watch him mosh :)

xxx