Monday 12 November 2007

DIY Tardis



My sisters performance for Woodshed this year was based upon A Christmas Carol, but with a modern Dr Who twist. As the resident engineer and all round gopher it fell to me to make it.

Sadly I didn't nearly have enough input into making this as I'd have liked (Due to ill health), but I had a hand in designing the way we were to construct it, and acted as general gaffer to it's construction and assembly on stage.

Made from a cardboard box for a 3 seater sofa (Yes they come in boxes these days!) an old drinks bottle for the light. combined with an industrial strobe, lots of poster paint and a sticky label for the finer details I think it did the trick perfectly. We also plugged a smoke machine into the back of it to add that eerie Tardis effect when the doors opened. Thankfully we didn't gas the occupants :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think it was awesome, but not as good as my wood-effect charity box... that was just supreme ;)

I wish I'd been able to see the show though, I still think it is silly having it on a Monday.

xxx