Tuesday 6 November 2007

30 Days of Night



I don't pretend to be a critique, but I know what I like, so I'm going to try and write a few words about all the things I go see... so here goes my review of 30 Days of Night:

A classic horror film is one way to describe this, but it doesn't really have a classic feel about it. It's got an interesting plot (I love vampire films), and if I'd read the comics I'm sure I would have got more from it. But it doesn't really have a storyline, the vampires have almost no background (Apart from the fact they're brought there by a vagrant, who in turn is promised immortality as a fellow vampire). It has plenty of blood and gore, and makes you jump a few times. But it feels like a remake of "The Thing"with vampires, but even then it dirtys the name of "The Thing" to say such a thing (Hmm lots of things in that sentence, sure that's bad grammar), I guess on it's own it's a ok vampire film, with ok plot... but it made me walk out going meh. I always see it as a bad sign that I can't recall a memorable moment of a film.

No comments: