Thursday 29 May 2008

What an Entrance




Efteling has a truly stunning entrance (As we were hotel guests we get our own, but it's just a gate in the perimeter fence). Why they spent so much time and effort on something that people will just walk through I don't know... but it is a lovely sight none the less, worthy of us going out of our way just to take a few photos of it.







The entire roof (Save for the spires) is thatched... I would have loved to see the face on the thatcher that got asked to do that... I can see it now... "you want me to thatch a what?"









Inside it is no less impressive, all made using wooden beams it gives the impression of an old wooden barn.



You can't really appreciate how big it really is. This is a image from Google earth, you can gauge the size of it just by the car park in front of it.

It's a fantastic shape... kind of reminds me of a caltrop.

No comments: