Wednesday 28 May 2008

Carnival Festival

To quote the park guide:

It's party time in Mexico. And in France, England, China, Africa, Alaska,
the Netherlands and Portugal. Don't forget Germany and Italy. The whole world is
celebrating! In Carnival Festival, hundreds of puppets lead you from one
festival to the next. In just a few minutes, you travel all over the world; one
moment you are in Alaska, then it's China, and then Paris… The cheerful puppets
display their national costumes and show you something of the customs and
traditions of their countries. After your journey around the world, the cheerful
music will go on echoing through your head…

It always make me laugh when you see other countries interpretations of "the norm" in another country... I mean we all have stereotypical views of each country... for me the obvious connection with Holland is Clogs... I did love the Carnival Festivals idea of England with a perpetual rain cloud:



I can't help but see the connections to the Disney ride It's a small world, which came first I don't know... but the Efleling one I prefer, most notable the music is beautiful... as opposed to mind numbingly irritating.

The only bit I thought could have been done better is the Sumo Wrestling... as the two puppets were "skinned together" to allow for the wrestling movements, however it resulted in them looking like Siamese twins.

No comments: