Thursday 10 May 2007

Last Journeys to London

Well today and tomorrow are my last days going into London as a commuter (Yesterday was my last day on the train). It's kinda sad really, I'm gonna miss the log train and car journeys, they gave me time to relax and think, which I guess is really wierd as most people get stressed out on long journeys. Not me tho, I enjoy them. Driving in today was wierd as I used to do it a couple of months ago, now i'm seeing more intresting things on my way into work, I guess going by train has made me appreciate "staring out the window". Here's a few things I've seen and am curious about:


Here's the Millenium Dome... now the O2 Dome... the rolling stones are playing the grand opening gig





On the way into blackwall tunnel there's this funny little archway just a couple of hundred yards from the tunnel... In the foreground is the height restriction bars, I wonder if the archway originally served the same purpose?





British red cvross building with the obligatory cross on the side




London is full of funny architecture... but this is probably the wierdest. The photo doesn't do it justice, the buildings madeup of a series of wedges and angles, one of the windows runs at such a sharp angle that it cuts through 2 floors of the building... it must be surreal working in it... wonder what the inside is like.




This bridge is really ornate, but what makes it odd isn't that... it's got nothing either side of it... no roads nothing?


No comments: