Friday 29 February 2008

Wasabi Rice Ball

Part of the Iron Chef style competitions at the opening party this year included a speed eating of the deadly Wasabi Rice Ball.

The Wasabi Rice Ball is about 4cm in Diameter and contains a lump of Wasabi (Japanese horseradish that is used to accompany Sushi and is very hot) about the size of a large marble.

Each contestant (Victim) was given 2 Wasabi Rice Balls and 4 contestants competed in each round.

I thought why the hell not and volunteered for the second round... see below:



It wasn't horrible, or even that spicy (Perhaps I have killed my taste buds?) but it was difficult to eat as it was so chewy. Not to mention less than 2 hours ago I'd eaten my fill at McDonalds.

As the game show host says... it was definitely more nutritious than the McDonalds.

No comments: