Sunday 28 October 2007

Local Ghost

Not that I'm trying to turn this blog into a news clipping site, but i've been finding some funny stories on-line lately, this one struck a chord as it's so close to home:

http://www.wayodd.com/librarian-wants-haunted-toilet-exorcised/v/8355/

Librarian Wants Haunted Toilet Exorcised
October 26, 2007

A Kent librarian who claims a ghost has been flushing his library's toilet is seeking the help of an exorcist in having the unwanted spirit evicted. A 14-year librarian at the Gravesend Library, Gordon Jenns, 61, says the ghost flushes the toilet when he thinks everyone's gone home.
"It's happened three times in the past 11 years, always around seven o'clock on a Friday," said Jenns. "It's very off-putting."
"The first time it happened I thought someone had broken in the back door so I went with something very heavy in my hand to give them a warm welcome," he added. "I'm absolutely certain the toilet flushed itself. The door was locked and the cistern was still filling up when I went in."
Jenns who says he is ex-marine, claims he is not prone to any hallucinations.
"I'm guessing the poor fellow only wants to relieve himself."

No comments: