Wednesday 17 October 2007

How Clean Is Your Keyboard?

Now I usually eat my sandwiches at work whilst working which is not a good habit because inevitably crumbs fall into your keyboard, but I make a habit of not eating whilst using my PC at home (Don't want to have to fork out to replace my own keyboard :-) especially as it's a nice back lit Saitek one). But my mum and my sister regularly smoke and eat over the keyboard downstairs. My sister has a skill for tipping diet coke over things and (Even once managed to drop a remote in a half pint glass full of it once without knocking the glass over... now that's a skill). The keyboard downstairs started to stick recently (Might even have been me spilling something on it ages ago) but blame aside it needed to be taken apart and cleaned (Which my dad did as I was away), but he took pictures to show me:



Here's the keyboard before he took they keys off... pretty clean looking huh?



Here's it with the keys off... now that's what you call gross!



And the shiny cleaned version... ah much better... give it a few weeks and someone will spill something on it. Suffice to say my mum now understands why I tell her off for eating drinking and smoking over it. Louise got it in the neck last night for leaving an ash tray next to it, next time hide the evidence Lou :-)

No comments: