Wednesday 4 July 2007

WLB

Work Life Balance… anyone that’s done a course in business management will recognise that phrase. The basic premise is that for an employee or rather a person to be happy their work life and social life must balance. IE If you spend all day working and only have enough time to sleep at night and nothing else you’ll soon have end up having a breakdown.

 

I’ve got a pretty reasonable WLB, I work a reasonable number of hours in the day, then have a few hours to do the things I want, and the entire weekends to relax and do as I please. Now I’m sure I’m pretty well off in that respect and I’m doubly sure that there’s plenty of people out there that work a “36hr day down pit with half an hour off for Christmas dinner”, but for the life of me I can’t seem to figure out where the time goes, I seem to work, go home rest, work again repeat, the weekends are usually hectic, but I seem to never get the time to just sit there and go… hmmm what now?

 

This is turning into another one of my rants… so apologies. But I’ll end on a classic saying that I think is very apt… time flys when your having fun. Or in my case… time flys when you’re not at work!

 

No comments: