Thursday 26 July 2007

Naomi

We’ve known of each other (Through my sister) for years, but hardly ever spoken to each other until she asked if she could come to MinamiCon this year. After a particularly hard day selling Pocky to the masses I had the pleasure of spending an evening chatting to her in the bar. I discovered she was very intelligent and whitty and a lot of fun. It wasn’t until the next convention that I contacted Naomi again, sadly she couldn’t come with us… but for some strange reason we got chatting via txt… it’s probably the longest non stop conversation I’ve ever had (In some sense of the word it’s still running today as we only tend to txt during lunch hours and at night… we’ve covered about every topic you can imagine from anime to fantasy novels, stand up comedy, religion, freemasonry, homeopathy, music, science, computer games and gothic fashion. And on every subject I’ve either learnt something, met my intellectual equal or had a theological discussion, I think every thing I’ve ever done watched read or listened to she’s been able to talk back to me about it. She’s truly a fascinating person

No comments: