Wednesday 5 November 2008

With a little bit of luck...

... Nomi wont fall on the harp :)

I went to see Nomi's final performance in My Fair Lady. And an outstanding performance it was too. I don't know why but I have a complete inability to do accents. So I have a massive respect for the cast having to switch from cockney to Queens English so frequently and with such skill. The last set (For the Wizard of Oz) I thought would be impossible to out do (They had a remote control rock and a rotating bridge) but with what appeared to be 4 large movable columns they managed to create all the scenes complete with stair cases and balcony's. I was a little saddened to learn that it was hired. But given its scale it would've been a bit much for even the most affluent society to build from scratch. The chorus' parts as always were amazing... Nomi complained she missed a few steps. But I certainly never noticed. They did look a little cramped at some points... But that just added to the ambiance of the Ascot scene.

I always feel like in interloper going to the after show party... But it's always fun even if I do have difficulty getting some of the inside jokes. I want to join the society when I move to oxford... Especially as they need more male parts... Nomi says I can sing given tuition, but I think it may be wishful thinking. Only time will tell.

No comments: