Sunday 14 September 2008

The Dark Knight

Finally got around to watching this... I was genuinely worried I was going to miss it at the cinema. I kept waiting and waiting for both Nomi and my Dad to be around so we could all watch it together. In the end my sister took my Dad to see it whilst I took Nomi... Same night but 100 miles apart.

Awesomeness is the best word to describe The Dark Knight... Dark and moody as the Tim Burton original... Heath Ledger as the Joker was fantastic (RIP At least he'll always be remembered at the peak of his acting career). The constant nervous licking of his scar was a touch of genius. My only complaint is the ending... Slow paced (but not too slow) throughout the rest of the film, the end seems rushed and quickly lashed together to tie up the loose ends. I personally wouldn't have objected to the 2 face story arc being continued in the next film. Oh and one last thing... Someone get Christian Bale a strepsil... Obviously he's inhaling too much Gotham smog when he's standing moodily on top of buildings. As when he's playing Batman his voice goes a bit too gruff.

No comments: