Friday 29 January 2010

Jim'll Fix It



Nomis best friend has a DS as well as Animal Crossing (It's a rite of passage into the upper escutcheons of Nomis circle of friends that she buys you a copy of Animal Crossing). Sadly the screen has broken (1cm wide patch of dead pixels), Nintendo not being interested in fixing it at all (Bad Nintendo) I stepped up to the plate to fix it.

And fix it I did... except I broke something else in the process :-( Que soldering on a microscopic level, once I get the parts that is! More on this in the future.

Now I seem to be getting a reputation for fixing things... which I don't mind, as being an Engineer I'm fascinated by how things work... my next project is a Netbook with a hardware password. My first thought was to take it apart to remove the bios battery and hopefully clear the password:






Well after completely dismantling it (Bloody battery was right in the bottom under everything!) and leaving it for 2 days to discharge I fired it back up again... only for it to inform me the battery had failed, followed by the dreaded "what's the password" Grr... time for a different approach. More on this later (Again)

No comments: