Thursday 19 June 2008

Red Funnel

My job sometimes takes me to exotic locations... Well the Isle of Wight anyway :-)

To get there we have to get a Red Funnel ferry across from Southampton... They're just like a small version of the cross channel ferry's just without the duty free shop. It does take quite a while to cross tho... As Southampton is quite a way up the Solent.

Makes for a nice little pleasure cruise before I start work :)

Note: Spelling for Wight changed... why cant they spell it "White" like it sounds?

3 comments:

Mini Nomi said...

I love how you spell the Isle of Wight ;) it's almost like Widget but not quite.

I have a strange fondness for the Red Funnel ferries; I hate them because they are ferries and I hate ferries, but I've been on them so many times and think their unnerving lack of urgency is almost sweet. Next time you should take the Cat or Hovercraft over from Portsmouth to Ryde, that's much more fun! Of course you would have to leave your car behind though.

I'm surprised youd have not mentioned the bizarre feeling that you have stepped into the 80's upon landing on the island, tis a local island for local people afterall!

xxx

Roamingjay said...

Doh... predictive txt :-(

Never been on a hovercraft... would love to, unfortunatly the ferry dock is right next to where we need to be. Litterally you can see the back of the building from the front of the boat :-)

LOL yeah the islanders are a strange bunch!

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This iѕ а very
well written artіcle. I'll make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I'll certаinly гeturn.
Feel free to visit my homepage : isle of wight ferry