Wednesday 22 August 2007

Yet Another New Start

Well here I am again off to another new job... for those that know me it's no surprise as I've been unhappy in my last place almost since day one.

I've got a couple of days off to just unwind and get ready for the daily trek into London every day. This new job excites me, I've always been a good designer in the sense of engineering, but I've never tried anything where I need to be artistic as well... I can draw, and paint but not very well (Nothing you would be ashamed of, but nothing that would stand out from the crowd) . I've always said I'm a artist trapped in an engineers body, this new job will hopefully allow me to stretch that aspect of my skills further, as I'll be designing giant Christmas decorations (Think Shopping Centers, Oxford Street), so from an engineering point of view it'll be challenging to incorporate aesthetics into functionality and safety, something I've never had to worry about before... a plane has to be streamlined and aerodynamic, not beautiful.

Well lets hope I can find a home at my new place and settle down for a bit... This job is set to vastly improve my skill set, as not only do i need to be artistic, but I'll also be involved in architecture (Anyone who's a designer will appreciate the fact that a fully paid up architect earns £70k+, double what i get as a mechanical designer) . something Ive always fancied, but been unwilling to train another 8 years to do.

No comments: